1 hr 5 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sprinkle yeast into 1/2 cup warm water, let stand 10-15 minutes. (Add 1 tsp sugar to help it work faster.
- 2Combine hot water and 10 cups whole wheat flour in mixer. Mix on low speed until well blended.
- 3Add salt, oil, and honey. Continue to mix until well blended.
- 4Add 2 more cups of wheat flour and oatmeal and/or potato flakes, blend thoroughly.
- 5Add yeast mixture.
- 6Add 6 cups white flour. Knead on low speed for 6 minutes. Add enough flour that the dough leaves the side of the bowl but is still a little sticky - the consistency of cookie dough.
- 7Oil hands and mold into 6 loaves on oiled counter. Place in oiled pans and let rise just to the top of the pans.
- 8Bake and 350 for 35-40 minutes Remove from pans to cool.
- 9Brush tops with butter.
- 10Notes: Sugar or molasses may be used instead of honey.
- 11Only let rise to tops of pans, it will rise more in the oven when baking. If it rises too much it will create an air bubble between the bread and the crust.
- 12Use smaller size pans, the bigger ones will not work as well.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Foolproof Wheat Bread (6 Loaves)
Serving Size: 1 (4762 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1758.7
- Calories from Fat 390
- Total Fat 43.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3526.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 316.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 45.8 g
- Sugars 48.1 g
- Protein 52.4 g