This is a fool-proof recipe for medium-rare beef. It has never failed me. Adjust time accordingly if you want it rare or well done, but only by a minute or two. If the roast size in not an even number (say 4 1/2 lbs) roast for the lesser amount of time if you like it med-rare. Another minute or two for the 1/2 pound is not suggested. Roast time is for a 4 lb roast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place all vegetables in a zip-lock bag.
- 2Add enough oil to lightly coat.
- 3Remove from bag (I know, I know, this makes sense but one reviewer thought some people might put the entire bag in the oven - insert shocked face) and place vegetables in the roasting pan.
- 4Place roast on top of vegetables.
- 5Sprinkle roast generously with the garlic pepper (see note below).
- 6Sprinkle vegetables with garlic pepper and salt.
- 7Roast at 500 degrees (yes 500 degrees) for (7) seven minutes (yes seven) per pound.
- 8Roast will be medium-rare.
- 9Remove from oven and allow roast sit for 20 minutes or more before carving.
- 10Note: It is believed that adding salt to uncooked meat will draw out the juices.
- 11I always sprinkle with salt when roast is done.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Foolproof Roast Beef and Vegetable
Serving Size: 1 (330 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 397.8
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 193.5 mg
- Sodium 228.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 65.4 g