This is a fool-proof recipe for medium-rare beef. It has never failed me. Adjust time accordingly if you want it rare or well done, but only by a minute or two. If the roast size in not an even number (say 4 1/2 lbs) roast for the lesser amount of time if you like it med-rare. Another minute or two for the 1/2 pound is not suggested. Roast time is for a 4 lb roast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place all vegetables in a zip-lock bag.
- 2Add enough oil to lightly coat.
- 3Remove from bag (I know, I know, this makes sense but one reviewer thought some people might put the entire bag in the oven - insert shocked face) and place vegetables in the roasting pan.
- 4Place roast on top of vegetables.
- 5Sprinkle roast generously with the garlic pepper (see note below).
- 6Sprinkle vegetables with garlic pepper and salt.
- 7Roast at 500 degrees (yes 500 degrees) for (7) seven minutes (yes seven) per pound.
- 8Roast will be medium-rare.
- 9Remove from oven and allow roast sit for 20 minutes or more before carving.
- 10Note: It is believed that adding salt to uncooked meat will draw out the juices.
- 11I always sprinkle with salt when roast is done.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Foolproof Roast Beef and Vegetable
Serving Size: 1 (330 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 397.8
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 193.5 mg
- Sodium 228.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 65.4 g