Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a fool-proof recipe for medium-rare beef. It has never failed me. Adjust time accordingly if you want it rare or well done, but only by a minute or two. If the roast size in not an even number (say 4 1/2 lbs) roast for the lesser amount of time if you like it med-rare. Another minute or two for the 1/2 pound is not suggested. Roast time is for a 4 lb roast.
- Place all vegetables in a zip-lock bag.
- Add enough oil to lightly coat.
- Remove from bag (I know, I know, this makes sense but one reviewer thought some people might put the entire bag in the oven - insert shocked face) and place vegetables in the roasting pan.
- Place roast on top of vegetables.
- Sprinkle roast generously with the garlic pepper (see note below).
- Sprinkle vegetables with garlic pepper and salt.
- Roast at 500 degrees (yes 500 degrees) for (7) seven minutes (yes seven) per pound.
- Roast will be medium-rare.
- Remove from oven and allow roast sit for 20 minutes or more before carving.
- Note: It is believed that adding salt to uncooked meat will draw out the juices.
- I always sprinkle with salt when roast is done.