Recipe by mandabears
Easy divinity recipe that uses Jell-o as one of the ingredients. You can change not only the taste, but also the color of the candy.
- 3 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup white corn syrup
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 egg whites
- 3 ounces Jello gelatin
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup grated coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sugar, syrup and water.
- Cook over medium heat;stirring constantly until sugar dissolves.
- Continue to cook until it reaches hard ball stage.
- Beat egg whites until fluffy.
- Gradually add dry Jell-o until mixture holds a peak.
- Pour syrup into egg white mixture, beating constantly until candy holds its shape and loses gloss.
- Fold in nuts, coconut and vanilla extract.
- Pour into a 8 inch square that has been buttered.
- Let stand until firm.
- Cut in pieces with knife dipped in hot water.