1/5 Photos of Foolproof Hard-Boiled Eggs
From America's Test Kitchen. Really works!
My Private Note
- 1Place eggs in medium saucepan, cover with 1 inch of water, and bring to a boil over high heat.
- 2Remove pan from heat, cover, and let sit for 10 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, fill medium bowl with 1 quart water and 1 tray ice cubes (or equivalent).
- 4Transfer eggs to ice bath with slotted spoon and let sit 5 minutes.
- 5Tap each egg all over against countertop to crack shell, then roll egg gently back and forth several times.
- 6Begin peeling from air-pocket (wider) end.
- 7The shell should come off in spiral strips attached to thin membrane.
- 8Hard-boiled eggs can be refrigerated for several days.
- 9You can double or triple this recipe as long as you use a pot large enough to hold the eggs in a single layer, covered by an inch of water.
Browse Our Top Egg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Egg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Foolproof Hard-Boiled Eggs
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 71.5
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 186.0 mg
- Sodium 71.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 6.2 g