Prep 0 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Cooking time is chilling time :)
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 dash salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2-1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Line an 8-or-9 inch square pan with aluminum foil.
- Butter foil. Set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan, melt chips with condensed milk and salt. Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla and nuts, if desired.
- Spread evenly into prepared pan.
- Chill 2 hours or until firm.
- Turn fudge onto cutting board. Peel off foil and cut into squares. Store covered in refrigerator.
- For marshmallow fudge: Omit nuts. Stir 2 tablespoons butter in with vanilla. Fold in 2 cups mini marshmallows. Proceed as above.
This lasted for less than a few minutes in the kitchen at my husband's office. He was gutted when he went back for seconds and it was all gone!