Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A great tasting gravy with out the fat.
- 2 cups turkey pan drippings
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 5 tablespoons unbleached flour
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- Defat the pan drippings by placing them in a fat separator cup.
- (If you don't have one, pour the drippings into a bowl, add a few ice cubes, and skim off the fat once it rises and hardens.) Combine the fat-free drippings, pepper, poultry seasoning, and bouillon granules in a 1 quart saucepan, and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes.
- While the gravy is heating, combine the flour and milk in a jar with a tight-fitting lid, and shake until smooth.
- Slowly add the milk mixture to the simmering broth, stirring constantly with a wire whisk.
- Continue to cook and stir until the gravy is thick and bubbly.
- Transfer the gravy to a warmed gravy boat or pitcher, and serve hot with the turkey.
- Makes 2-1/2 servings (1 serving= 2 tablespoons).