Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I make this at Christmas, but why not try it any time of year. Summer is not the best time for fudge, especially if it is hot, but this one seems to turn out whenever...enjoy!
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (use a fairly good quality chip)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Over low heat, melt the chips in the sweetened condensed milk.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the nuts and vanilla.
- Spread evenly into an aluminum foil lined 8x8 or 9x9 pan.
- Chill and pop out of pan.
- Peel off foil and cut into 1-inch squares.
I had this at a Christmas party, and it was so delicious. This is my favorite way to make fudge as it is smooth and creamy. I love dark chocolate, and it is blends out perfectly with the sweetness of the condensed milk. Thanks for sharing.
Fool-proof as well as delicious! I made a double batch and took half to a school party (where people of various nationalities were in attendance, none of which had ever eaten fudge before). It went down a treat, and I was asked for the recipe by several people. Also,it doesn't melt even after several hours of standing at room temperature. A keeper-- thanks for posting !
I've tried this many times now and it's the easiest fudge recipe I've come across. Truly fool proof. I've substituted walnuts for cashewnuts or almonds. Great kid pleaser.