With Variations....My mother in law always sends us various flavors of fudge for Christmas. The package can get prety expensive so she gave me the recipes so I could make them myself.
- In heavy saucepan, over low heat, melt chips with Eagle Brand® and salt. Remove from heat; stir in nuts and vanilla.
- Spread evenly into wax paper lined 8x8 or 9x9 inch square pan. Chill 2 hours or until firm.
- Turn fudge onto cutting board; peel off paper and cut into squares. Store loosely covered at room temperature.
- Notes: Microwave: In 1 quart glass measure, combine chips with Eagle Brand® and salt. Cook on 100% power (high) 3 minutes or until chips melt, stirring after each 1 1/2 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients. Proceed as above.
- Creamy Dark Chocolate Fudge: Melt 2 cups miniature marshmallows with chips and Eagle Brand. Proceed as above.
- Milk Chocolate Fudge: Omit 1 (6 ozs.) package semi-sweet chocolate chips. Add 1 cup milk chocolate chips. Proceed as above.
- Rocky Road Fudge: Omit 1 (6 ozs.) package semi-sweet chocolate chips, salt, nuts, and vanilla. In saucepan, melt chips with Eagle Brand and 2 tablespoons margarine or butter. In large bowl, combine 2 cups dry-roasted peanuts and 1 (10 1/2 ozs.) package miniature marshmallows. Stir in chocolate mixture. Spread in wax paper-lined 13x9x2 inch pan. Proceed as above.