1/1 Photo of Foolproof Dark Chocolate Fudge
2 hrs 15 mins
With Variations....My mother in law always sends us various flavors of fudge for Christmas. The package can get prety expensive so she gave me the recipes so I could make them myself.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In heavy saucepan, over low heat, melt chips with Eagle Brand® and salt. Remove from heat; stir in nuts and vanilla.
- 2Spread evenly into wax paper lined 8x8 or 9x9 inch square pan. Chill 2 hours or until firm.
- 3Turn fudge onto cutting board; peel off paper and cut into squares. Store loosely covered at room temperature.
- 4Notes: Microwave: In 1 quart glass measure, combine chips with Eagle Brand® and salt. Cook on 100% power (high) 3 minutes or until chips melt, stirring after each 1 1/2 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients. Proceed as above.
- 6Creamy Dark Chocolate Fudge: Melt 2 cups miniature marshmallows with chips and Eagle Brand. Proceed as above.
- 7Milk Chocolate Fudge: Omit 1 (6 ozs.) package semi-sweet chocolate chips. Add 1 cup milk chocolate chips. Proceed as above.
- 8Rocky Road Fudge: Omit 1 (6 ozs.) package semi-sweet chocolate chips, salt, nuts, and vanilla. In saucepan, melt chips with Eagle Brand and 2 tablespoons margarine or butter. In large bowl, combine 2 cups dry-roasted peanuts and 1 (10 1/2 ozs.) package miniature marshmallows. Stir in chocolate mixture. Spread in wax paper-lined 13x9x2 inch pan. Proceed as above.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Foolproof Dark Chocolate Fudge
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 517.9
- Calories from Fat 250
- Total Fat 27.8 g
- Saturated Fat 14.6 g
- Cholesterol 16.8 mg
- Sodium 146.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 62.2 g
- Protein 8.0 g