Recipe by Cucina Casalingo
This classic and truly foolproof fudge recipe will be a favorite for years to come. Try one of our suggested variations or personalize the fudge by adding your favorite ingredients to the basic recipe. Fudge also makes a great homemade gift to share with family and friends.
Top Review by children from A to Z
I have a love hate feeling with this fudge, I love how easy it is to make. I used the microwave directions for milk chocolate fudge. I hate that I have never liked fudge until now. I could get as big as a house eating this stuff. I make fudge every year for my brother, I think he is going to love this version more than my regular recipe, I know I do. I wish I could give this more than 5 stars for ease of the recipe and the taste is fabulous! Thanks so much for posting no more standing at the stove forever making fudge. Thank You, Thank You!
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14 ounce) caneagle brand sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄2-1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In heavy saucepan, over low heat, melt chocolate chips with EAGLE BRAND® and salt.
- Remove from heat; stir in nuts (optional) and vanilla.
- Spread evenly into wax paper lined 8- or 9-inch square pan.
- Chill 2 hours or until firm.
- Turn fudge onto cutting board; peel off paper and cut into squares.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
- Notes: Microwave:.
- In 1-quart glass measure, combine chocolate chips with EAGLE BRAND® and salt.
- Cook on HIGH (100% power) 3 minutes or until chips melt, stirring after 1 1/2 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Proceed as above.
- Creamy Dark Chocolate Fudge:
- Melt 2 cups miniature marshmallows with chocolate chips and EAGLE BRAND®.
- Proceed as above.
- Milk Chocolate Fudge: Omit 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Add 1 cup milk chocolate chips. Proceed as above.
- Rocky Road Fudge:
- Omit 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, salt, nuts and vanilla.
- In saucepan, melt chocolate chips with EAGLE BRAND® and 2 tablespoons butter or margarine.
- In large bowl, combine 2 cups dry-roasted peanuts and 1 (10 1/2-ounce) package miniature marshmallows.
- Stir in chocolate mixture.
- Spread in wax paper-lined 13x9-inch pan. Proceed as above. (Makes about 2 3/4 pounds).