Lise in Indiana's Note:
From America's Test Kitchen, make this in the food processor. Use whatever kind of chocolate you like...milk, semi-sweet, bittersweet...it's rich and delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In food processor, process butter, sugar, cocoa, and salt until smooth, about 30 seconds, scraping sides of bowl as needed.
- 2Add corn syrup and vanilla and process until just combined, 5 to 10 seconds.
- 3Scrape sides of bowl, then add chocolate (cooled to 85º - 100º F) and pulse until smooth and creamy, 10 to 15 seconds.
- 4Frosting can be used immediately or held.
- 5The frosting can be made 3 hours in advance. For longer storage, refrigerate the frosting, covered, and let it stand at room temperature for 1 hour before using.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Foolproof Chocolate Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (955 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1533.3
- Calories from Fat 921
- Total Fat 102.3 g
- Saturated Fat 61.1 g
- Cholesterol 220.9 mg
- Sodium 167.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 162.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.7 g
- Sugars 101.5 g
- Protein 10.8 g