Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From America's Test Kitchen, make this in the food processor. Use whatever kind of chocolate you like...milk, semi-sweet, bittersweet...it's rich and delicious.
- In food processor, process butter, sugar, cocoa, and salt until smooth, about 30 seconds, scraping sides of bowl as needed.
- Add corn syrup and vanilla and process until just combined, 5 to 10 seconds.
- Scrape sides of bowl, then add chocolate (cooled to 85º - 100º F) and pulse until smooth and creamy, 10 to 15 seconds.
- Frosting can be used immediately or held.
- The frosting can be made 3 hours in advance. For longer storage, refrigerate the frosting, covered, and let it stand at room temperature for 1 hour before using.