1/2 Photos of Foolproof Chicken Paprikash
I've been using this recipe for 35 years and it turns out perfect every time. No need to worry about curdling the sour cream. Serve this over noodles or dumplings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1NOTE:I use 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves to serve 6 because we like extra sauce.
- 2Shake chicken in flour, salt, and pepper in a plastic bag.
- 3Coat well.
- 4Save remaining flour for gravy.
- 5Brown chicken, part at a time, in butter and oil in Dutch oven.
- 6Remove chicken when browned, pour off drippings, and return 1 tablespoonful to kettle.
- 7Stir in onion and sauté until soft.
- 8Add water, instant chicken broth , and paprika.
- 9Scraping brown bits from bottom of kettle, heat to boiling.
- 10Return chicken to kettle, cover, and simmer 30 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- 11Remove chicken to shallow pan and reheat broth to boiling.
- 12Measure 2 tablespoons of saved flour and add water to make paste.
- 13Stir into broth.
- 14Cook, stirring constantly, until gravy thickens and boils 1 minute.
- 15Blend sour cream and whipping cream in a small bowl and stir into gravy.
- 16Return chicken and reheat slowly to boiling.
- 17Serve over noodles or dumplings.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Foolproof Chicken Paprikash
Serving Size: 1 (357 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 651.5
- Calories from Fat 433
- Total Fat 48.1 g
- Saturated Fat 17.4 g
- Cholesterol 202.9 mg
- Sodium 790.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 44.7 g