Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I know there are lots of Blender Hollandaise recipes out here on Zaar, but this one is bit different, in that it uses some mustard. Got this recipe out of an old Sunset Magazine cookbook calledSunset Hors d'oeuvres. It's easy, tasty and no would would ever guess that it came from a blender.
- Put egg yolks and lemon juice in a blender.
- Melt butter or margarine and heat until it bubbles, but don't let it brown.
- Add hot water to egg yolks and lemon juice.
- Blend on high and immediately pour in hot butter in a steady stream.
- Add salt, cayenne and mustard.
- Blend about 30 seconds.
This was absolutely delicious! I made this with Asparagus Omelet with Shrimp Hollandaise (http://www.food.com/recipe/asparagus-omelet-w-shrimp-hollandaise-sauce-for-andi-226848). It was super easy and had just the right amount of tang. I used a pinch of cayenne and some white pepper. Thanks. I will definitely make this again!
Excellent.. I know there are alot of blender hollandaise sauces here on Zaar, too, but I was looking for one that didn't seem so bland.. the dry mustard in here perked it up just right.. it came out perfect, following the directions exactly as written. Will make again and again - thanks!