1/6 Photos of Foolproof Baby Back Ribs
1 hr 10 mins
These are done completely on a gas grill and is the first recipe I have found that result in tender ribs without having to boil/steam/ or bake them first. Don't lift the lid for at least an hour while grilling! That is the secret to these ribs that end up tender and delectable. Uses simple ingredients with your favorite barbecue sauce to finish off the recipe and you will be in rib heaven.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat gas grill for high heat.
- 2In a small bowl, combine cumin, chili powder, paprika, garlic powder and salt and pepper Mix well.
- 3Trim off the membrane sheath from the back of each rack.
- 4You can do this by running a small, sharp knife between the membrane and snip or"shimmy" off the membrane as much as possible.
- 5Don't skip this step because it prevents the ribs from being chewy.
- 6Sprinkle or "throw" as much of the rub onto both sides of the ribs as desired.
- 7Do not rub the spices in, because the ribs will turn too dark and spicy.
- 8You may have some spices leftover, depending on your taste.
- 9Place aluminum foil on lower rack to capture drippings and prevent flare-ups.
- 10Brush grate with oil, and lay ribs on top rack of grill.
- 11Reduce heat to low, shut grill, and leave undisturbed for 1 hour.
- 12Do not lift lid at all during this time period!
- 13After one hour check for doneness, depending on your grill you may need to continue cooking for another 10-15 minutes (our grill takes one hour exactly). Brush ribs with barbecue sauce and grill an additional few minutes until sauce is slightly absorbed and a little brown around the edges.
- 14Serve ribs as whole rack or cut between bones and pile individual ribs on the platter.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Foolproof Baby Back Ribs
Serving Size: 1 (273 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 879.8
- Calories from Fat 509
- Total Fat 56.5 g
- Saturated Fat 19.7 g
- Cholesterol 234.7 mg
- Sodium 863.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 16.7 g
- Protein 66.0 g