Traditional breakfast in the middle east. This is my mom's recipe, my (and my husband's) favorite. You can make it at night and heat the next morning, keeps well in the fridge. I do not use oil to cook the onions, to lower the fat, and it tastes just as good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil, add onion and cook for about 4 minutes.
- 2Add tomato sauce, spices and salt, cook for 2-3 minutes.
- 3Add fava beans, and mash it on low heat.
- 4You can mash it finely or leave some fava beans whole.
- 5Cover and cook for 5 more minutes.
- 6Serve with pita bread.
- 7You can drizzle some olive oil, tahini, lemon, or a combination on it before serving.
- 8I like hot chili peppers as well.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fooll Mudammes (Fava Bean Egyptian Breakfast)(فول مدمس)
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 226.3
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 378.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 8.6 g