Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
No maple syrup in this one! I have not made this, but got the recipe from a friend who had it at her MIL's home. She had it with muffins and said it was fantastic.
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons soft butter or 2 tablespoons margarine (real butter is best)
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- In a saucpan, stir together brown sugar, flour, milk and butter.
- Turn heat to low and cook, stirring often, until mixture is lump-free and smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in maple extract.
- Place in a bowl or jar and refrigerate until serving; after it is chilled you can bring it to room temperature if you wish, to make spreading easier.
My husband is from Vermont and every time we visit, we bring back plenty of real maple spread. This is the next best thing. Sheee