Recipe by Lennie
No maple syrup in this one! I have not made this, but got the recipe from a friend who had it at her MIL's home. She had it with muffins and said it was fantastic.
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons soft butter or 2 tablespoons margarine (real butter is best)
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucpan, stir together brown sugar, flour, milk and butter.
- Turn heat to low and cook, stirring often, until mixture is lump-free and smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in maple extract.
- Place in a bowl or jar and refrigerate until serving; after it is chilled you can bring it to room temperature if you wish, to make spreading easier.