Recipe by Happy Harry #2
This is something my daughter does to get her boys to eat more vegetables. It sure works for her...should work for you!
Top Review by Chef Nourshe
I had never thought of using veggies like these in spagetti sauce,but then I thought"why the heck not?" I had some leftover cooked peas and carrots in the fridge so I used them up.This is a very nice recipe,will make it again! Thanks Happy Harry!
- 4 cups of your favorite red spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄2 cup frozen wax bean, cut in small pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare vegetables & steam until soft. Add more water as needed so water continues to boil.
- Heat up spaghetti sauce.
- Add one cup of sauce to blender along with two cups steamed vegetables. Close top & place kitchen towel over top. Puree. Be careful -- this is hot stuff!
- Empty into clean pot.
- Repeat until all the vegetables are pureed.
- Add some water (from the steamer) if sauce is too thick for your taste.
- Serve over spaghetti.
- You may change the vegetables to meet your needs.