1/2 Photos of "fooled Me" Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
After tasting similar cookies at a picnic, we excitedly left with our friend's recipe. We were intrigued by the technique, but determined to eliminate that odd aftertaste which so often results from using Splenda in baked goods. We also wanted the finished cookie to be a bit less dry and crumbly. A few tweaks later, we enjoyed a terrific batch of gluten-free peanut butter cookies which could stand up against the best of traditional-method cookies. These quick cookies freeze well if you want (need) to reserve them for portion control. And, with only 3 tablespoons of real sugar divided across 16 cookies, one (or two!) a day won't wreck your South Beach or diabetic menu plan. We are usually tempted to double the vanilla in any recipe, but here the small amount of vanilla adds a depth of flavor without interfering with the rich peanut taste. Please note that the 5 minute preparation time does NOT include the 30 minutes this dough needs to rest in the refrigerator.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup natural-style peanut butter (we use JIF natural)
- 1/4 cup crunchy peanut butter (we use JIF extra crunchy)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup granulated Splenda sugar substitute (NOT from packets)
- 3 tablespoons firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon gluten free baking powder (we use Clabber Girl)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1Beat egg. Add Splenda, dark brown sugar, baking powder and vanilla. Beat with a fork until free of lumps.
- 2Add both peanut butters to the egg/sugar mixture. Beat with a fork until well combined -- about 40 strokes.
- 3Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
- 4Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 5Cover 11x17 baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 6Divide chilled dough into fourths. From each fourth, shape 4 balls of dough. Space balls of dough evenly on prepared baking sheet.
- 7Flatten dough slightly with tines of fork. Make a second set of tine marks at a 90-degree angle to the first set.
- 8Bake cookies for 9-10 minutes.
- 9Let cool for two minutes on baking sheet, then transfer cookies (with parchment paper) to wire rack to complete cooling.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for "fooled Me" Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (23 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 115.3
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 11.6 mg
- Sodium 26.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 4.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
gluten free baking powder