Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Quick & Easy Vegan Comfort Food by Alicia C. Simpson
Make and share this Fool Your Friends Tacos recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons hickory liquid smoke
- 1 cup textured vegetable protein (TVP)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup diced red onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 12 taco shells or 12 corn tortillas
- 1⁄2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- taco sauce, of your choice
- Bring the stock and liquid smoke to a boil in a small pot. Remove it from the heat, add the TVP, and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Warm the oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and sauté for 1 minute. Add red and yellow bell peppers and sauté for an additional minute.
- Add the rehydrated TVP, Taco Seasoning, and water. Cook until all the water has been absorbed and Taco Seasoning has been evenly distributed.
- Lightly toast the taco shells or soften the corn tortillas in a microwave for 30 seconds. Fill with the TVP mixture and then top with tomatoes and taco sauce.