Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
I use much more chocolate chips than the recipe calls for but i also like it very chocolaty
- 2 cups flour (all-purpose)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, Lightly packed
- 2 eggs
- 4 -5 mashed overripe bananas (to make approx 2 1/2 Cups)
- 1 cup chocolate, chip morsels
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease 9"x5" loaf pan (glass or metal).
- In large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a second bowl, mix butter, brown sugar and eggs. Then stir in mashed bananas, until blended.
- Stir banana mixture into flour mixture, until nicely moistened.
- Stir in all but a few chocolate chip morsels, to be used later.
- Pour mixture into greased loaf pan.
- Sprinkle remaining morsels on top of batter.
- Bake in Preheated oven for 65-75 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 5 to 10 minutes, then turn it over onto a dish or wire rack. Let cool another 10 minutes, as morsels will be hot.
This is a marvelous recipe with simply delicious results. Made with Splenda Brown Blend (about 1/2 a cup of it). It was baked at 1 hr and I just couldn't wait until the melted chocolate inside had set to try it. It you haven't had chocolate chip banana bread while the chocolate is still gooey and a little warm you just haven't lived yet! It cooled for about 40 mins before I cut it. Made for PAC, spring 2011.