Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe looks so good. I haven't got to it yet but I am soon. I am posting it for world tour-2--middle eastern. If you cannot find fava beans, try edamames (frozen in most stores).
- 1 1⁄3 cups dried fava beans (about 9 ounces)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 large hard-cooked egg, finely chopped
- Sort and wash beans; place in a large saucepan. Cover with water to 2 inches above beans; cover and let stand 8 hours. Drain beans.
- Return beans to pan. Cover with water to 2 inches above beans. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 45 minutes or until tender. Drain well.
- Place beans in a medium bowl. Stir in parsley and next 5 ingredients (parsley through garlic); toss gently. Sprinkle with egg.
- Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1/2 cup).
I used fresh fava beans for this. I also made only half the recipe. Very nice! Very easy!