1/1 Photo of Fool Nabed - Fava Bean Soup (Egyptian)
1 hr 5 mins
Nana Lee's Note:
From Saad Fayed, Fool nabed is an Egyptian soup made from fava beans. It is warm and filling. Serve alone or as an appetizer. Times do not include overnight soaking of favas.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak fava beans overnight.
- 2Drain fava beans and save water.
- 3Peel the skins from the fava beans and place the beans in large saucepan.
- 4Measure 6 cups of soaking water and add to the fava beans.
- 5Bring to a boil on medium high heat.
- 6Reduce heat to medium and cook for 45 minutes, or until beans are soft.
- 7Once beans are tender, remove beans from heat and puree in a blender.
- 8Return pureed fava beans to saucepan and bring to a boil.
- 9Add water if needed.
- 10Stir in cumin, garlic, lemon juice and olive oil and bring to a second boil.
- 11Simmer for 5 minutes. Serve in a bowl and sprinkle parsley on top.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fool Nabed - Fava Bean Soup (Egyptian)
Serving Size: 1 (56 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 211.4
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 6.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.4 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 9.9 g