Recipe by FoodWorks
This rainbow smoothie may turn a funny shade of brown, but it really does taste great! Don't be shy about the spinach -- you can't taste it, but it lends a boost of calcium and iron. <br> OPTIONAL: Freeze peeled bananas to use in place of ripe for a frosty treat!
- 1⁄3 cup frozen orange juice concentrate or 1 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2-1 cup yogurt (any flavour, but vanilla is best)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 banana
- 5 -10 frozen strawberries or 5 -10 fresh strawberries or 3⁄4 cup sliced strawberry
- 1⁄2-1 cup frozen blueberries or 1⁄2-1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup water, to thin if blending is difficult
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel banana and break into chunks.
- Add all ingredients to blender cup except for water.
- Blend on high until there are no chunks of berry or spinach.
- If blending is tough, add up to 1/2 cup water to thin the mixture.
- Adjust your measurements to fit everything in 1 blender. This is a very large smoothie!