Broccoli is great in all its forms, but this one with parmesan cheese and lemon juice is really tasty! Roasted garlic smells great throughout the house. <br> Serve this as a side dish with meat or potatoes or rice. <br> PROTIP: to get lemon zest, rub the peel of a lemon on a cheese grater.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -5 heads broccoli, completely dry. Do not wash
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced finely
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt or 1 teaspoon other coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1Preheat oven to 425*.
- 2Cut bite-sized broccoli florets, and slice up the stems (peel stems if they are tough). You should have 6-8 cups broccoli.
- 3Mince garlic finely.
- 4Line 2 cookie sheet pans with tin foil for easy cleaning.
- 5Toss broccoli in a bowl with oil, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- 6Spread broccoli evenly over baking sheets.
- 7Roast for 20-25 minutes, until tips of broccoli florets are starting to brown.
- 8Meanwhile, zest a lemon and squeeze out the juice, removing the seeds.
- 9Remove broccoli from oven and toss with parmesan, lemon juice, zest, and basil.
- 10Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Food Works Parmesan Roasted Broccoli
Serving Size: 1 (491 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 318.4
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 7.3 mg
- Sodium 860.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.2 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 16.4 g