Recipe by FoodWorks
Broccoli is great in all its forms, but this one with parmesan cheese and lemon juice is really tasty! Roasted garlic smells great throughout the house. <br> Serve this as a side dish with meat or potatoes or rice. <br> PROTIP: to get lemon zest, rub the peel of a lemon on a cheese grater.
Top Review by Sharon123
Well, this was simply delicious! I loved the little crispy bits and the lemon juice and parmesan cheese kicked it up nicely. Thanks! Made for PAC(Pick a Chef) event spring 2014.
- 3 -5 heads broccoli, completely dry. Do not wash
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced finely
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt or 1 teaspoon other coarse salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425*.
- Cut bite-sized broccoli florets, and slice up the stems (peel stems if they are tough). You should have 6-8 cups broccoli.
- Mince garlic finely.
- Line 2 cookie sheet pans with tin foil for easy cleaning.
- Toss broccoli in a bowl with oil, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Spread broccoli evenly over baking sheets.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes, until tips of broccoli florets are starting to brown.
- Meanwhile, zest a lemon and squeeze out the juice, removing the seeds.
- Remove broccoli from oven and toss with parmesan, lemon juice, zest, and basil.
- Serve hot.