Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Broccoli is great in all its forms, but this one with parmesan cheese and lemon juice is really tasty! Roasted garlic smells great throughout the house. <br> Serve this as a side dish with meat or potatoes or rice. <br> PROTIP: to get lemon zest, rub the peel of a lemon on a cheese grater.
- 3 -5 heads broccoli, completely dry. Do not wash
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced finely
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt or 1 teaspoon other coarse salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- Preheat oven to 425*.
- Cut bite-sized broccoli florets, and slice up the stems (peel stems if they are tough). You should have 6-8 cups broccoli.
- Mince garlic finely.
- Line 2 cookie sheet pans with tin foil for easy cleaning.
- Toss broccoli in a bowl with oil, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Spread broccoli evenly over baking sheets.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes, until tips of broccoli florets are starting to brown.
- Meanwhile, zest a lemon and squeeze out the juice, removing the seeds.
- Remove broccoli from oven and toss with parmesan, lemon juice, zest, and basil.
- Serve hot.
Well, this was simply delicious! I loved the little crispy bits and the lemon juice and parmesan cheese kicked it up nicely. Thanks! Made for PAC(Pick a Chef) event spring 2014.