There's nothing tastier than pasta sauce made from scratch with love. Our sauce has much less sodium and just 1 tsp of added sugar, unlike many canned sauces. Best of all, you can mix in 2 cups of finely chopped veggies and you won't even notice them! <br> PROTIP: Garlic is your friend.
My Private Note
sauce f ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup onions or 1 small onion, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups mixed vegetables, chopped finely. Try mushrooms, spinach, kale, peppers, leeks, and grated carrot
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato puree or 4 large tomatoes, pureed in a food processor
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped or 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/4-1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1Finely chop vegetables and mince garlic.
- 2Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 3Add vegetables and garlic and sautee for 5 minutes.
- 4Add vinegar, sugar, basil, black pepper, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes.
- 5Add can of tomatoes, and bring to a boil on high heat.
- 6Once it boils, reduce to medium, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 7Stir in fresh parsley and Parmesan cheese before serving.
- 8Serve over 1 box or package of noodles.
- 9TIP: To add ground beef, cook it in skillet first until there's no pink in the middle of chunks. Drain off the liquids, then proceed to step 3.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Food Works Homemade Tomato Pasta Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (321 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 176.3
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 5.5 mg
- Sodium 276.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 14.7 g
- Protein 8.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: