Recipe by FoodWorks
You can buy taco seasoning in little packages, but they have weird ingredients like maltodextrin (the very first ingredient), corn starch (a filler), "natural flavour", silicon dioxide and yeast extract. This seasoning can be made in large batches and stored dry in a container for quite a long time. Bulk ingredients can be bought cheaply at Bulk Barn.
- 1⁄4 cup chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a leak-proof tupperware container. Mix well. Store for 6 months maximum in the pantry.
- To use: Measure 2 1/2 Tbsp seasoning for every 1 lb of ground beef. Add to beef after it is lightly browned and liquids have been drained off.