Pancakes are a delicious weekend breakfast classic, but did you know they're even better when made from scratch? <br> We've hidden some vitamins by using half whole wheat or barley flour, but if you don't have any, a half cup of white flour will do instead. <br> If blueberries aren't your thing, try small slices of apple, chunks of banana, sliced strawberries, or even chocolate chips in your pancakes instead. <br> Top with Food Works Berry Syrup or maple (the real stuff is great!) <br> PROTIP: Try pouring pancake batter into a metal (NOT plastic) cookie cutter pressed on the frying pan for fun shapes. Oil or butter up the cookie cutter first. <br> PROTIP2: Freeze cooked pancakes in a ziplock. They can be heated in the toaster later on.
My Private Note
small p ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix all dry ingredients together into a large bowl.
- 2Meanwhile, mix all the wet ingredients into another bowl.
- 3Add the dry ingredients into the wet, thoroughly mix. If batter is very thick and won't drip off spoon, add a tiny bit more water. If batter is too thin and dribbles easily off the spoon, add more flour. Mix again.
- 4Add the blueberries.
- 5Very gently mix blueberries inches For batter that isn't so blue, toss your berries in a bit of flour before adding. This locks in the juice during cooking.
- 6Heat a non-stick frying pan to medium (6) and lightly oil with cooking spray, butter, or liquid oil.
- 7Spoon some of the batter into the pan, forming circles about as big as the palm of your hand. Fill the pan with circles, but try not to touch them together. If they get stuck together, cook them for a moment, then separate.
- 8Cook until top side is dry (not shiny) and bubbles begin to form.
- 9Check bottom side for doneness (just turning golden brown) and flip when ready. Flip pancakes towards the centre of the pan so they don't fall on the floor. If your pancake lands on another, cook for 10 seconds before relocating it. Do not press pancakes flat with a spatula or they won't be fluffy.
- 10Cook other side until brown, store hot between two plates or bowls to keep warm before serving.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Food Works Blueberry Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 307.3
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 55.0 mg
- Sodium 466.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 9.6 g