Recipe by live_2_dream
South Beach Friendly Biscuit Recipe by OldGreyBob posted at www.southbeach-diet-plan.com
Top Review by sugarpea
I don't often write reviews such as this, but my instincts about this recipe proved correct. Unfortunately, no one liked these. Sorry, Live_2_dream. They were dry, heavy and hard.
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat buttermilk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In the food processor, put the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Pulse the food processor to thoroughly mix the dry ingredients.
- While pulsing the food processor, drizzle in the canola oil. Keep on pulsing until the oil appears to be evenly distributed. You may have to stop and scrap down the sides a couple of times to ensure it is thoroughly worked into the flour mixture.
- After the oil is worked in, add the buttermilk. Keep on rapidly pulsing until the dough becomes a lump.
- Remove the dough from the food processor and form it into a flatten ball on a floured surface. Roll out the dough until it is approximately 1/2 inch thick. Using a biscuit cutter cut out the biscuits and put them on an ungreased baking sheet. Space the biscuits about an inch apart. Pull together the scraps and re-roll for more biscuits.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until nicely browned.