Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Basic pastry dough that turns out nicely every time.
- Mix flour and salt in food processor.
- Add shortening and mix until shortening is cut into pea size pieces.
- While pulsing the food processor, drizzle in a tablespoon of water at a time, just until the dough forms a ball.
- The amount of water will vary each time.
- Place dough onto flour covered surface.
- Cut dough in half and roll into 2 circles.
- Place in pie plate and fill with your favorite pie filling and bake as directed.
- For a pre-baked pie shell- prick the bottom with a fork and bake for 9-12 minutes at 450.
- This makes one double crust pie or 2 pie shells.
Very easy to make but extremely salty. Fortunately, I was making quiche rather than fruit pie.
I had a hard time with this pie crust. It was way too flaky. It was very easy to break. I used only 1/2 teaspoon of salt after reading the other reviews. I used it with recipe#373999
Excellent, just what I was looking for. Thanks for sharing.