Recipe by Irmgard
These muffins are mixed up entirely in the food processor, although I did have to give them a final stir by hand to mix in some unincorporated flour. They are are absolutely delicious and freeze well.
Top Review by mianbao
They muffins were amazingly easy to make. I'm still getting used to my new to me food processor, so I enjoyed seeing what it could do. Since I was careless about filling the muffin tins and filled them too full, my muffins were not very beautiful. They still tasted very good, though. Thank you very much for sharing this recipe with us.
- 3⁄4 cup pitted dates, loosely separated
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 orange, unpeeled, cut into 8 pieces and seeded
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup butter, chilled and cut into pieces
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss the dates with 1/2 cup of the all-purpose flour.
- In a food processor fitted with a metal blade, process the mixture until evenly chopped.
- Add the orange and process until finely chopped.
- Add the orange juice, eggs and butter and process until blended.
- Stir together the whole wheat flour, remaining all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the date mixture and process just until moistened but not overmixed.
- Spoon into large greased for paper-lined muffin cups, filling three-quarters full.
- Bake in a 400 degree F oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until the tops are firm to the touch.