1/2 Photos of Food Processor Orange Date Muffins
These muffins are mixed up entirely in the food processor, although I did have to give them a final stir by hand to mix in some unincorporated flour. They are are absolutely delicious and freeze well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup pitted dates, loosely separated
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 orange, unpeeled, cut into 8 pieces and seeded
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, chilled and cut into pieces
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1Toss the dates with 1/2 cup of the all-purpose flour.
- 2In a food processor fitted with a metal blade, process the mixture until evenly chopped.
- 3Add the orange and process until finely chopped.
- 4Add the orange juice, eggs and butter and process until blended.
- 5Stir together the whole wheat flour, remaining all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- 6Add the date mixture and process just until moistened but not overmixed.
- 7Spoon into large greased for paper-lined muffin cups, filling three-quarters full.
- 8Bake in a 400 degree F oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until the tops are firm to the touch.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Food Processor Orange Date Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1029 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 245.5
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 51.3 mg
- Sodium 544.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 20.3 g
- Protein 4.1 g