cookalot #2's Note:
Nice loaf. I got the recipe years ago off a tv show. The apple juice is a nice addition. I'm sure any juice would work. I also make a mixture of oatmeal and red river cereal to make 3/4 cup
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sprinkle yeast over a mixture of3 tbsp water and 1 tsp sugar. Let this stand 10 minute.
- 2Place in bowl boiling liquid, molasses, oil, salt.
- 3Cool slightly and add yeast mixture.
- 4In processor add flour (reserving 1/2 cup), oatmeal, & salt.
- 5Add liquid through spout and add reserved flour until right consistancy. About 45 seconds.
- 6Let rise in greased bowl until double.
- 7Punch down.
- 8Shape into loaves.
- 9let rise.
- 10Brush with molasses and sprinkle with oats.
- 11Bske 375 until done (hollow sound when tapped).
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Food Processor Oatmeal Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1055 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1239.6
- Calories from Fat 234
- Total Fat 26.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1767.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 221.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 22.0 g
- Sugars 14.4 g
- Protein 36.1 g