1/14 Photos of Food Processor French Bread
This is a very simple and quick French Bread. It has a finer texture and more of a chewy crust than what you get from the bakery. I found this in an Bon Appetite years and years ago. I sometimes make rolls rather than loaves. With this coming together so quickly you can easily make large batches; with two students helping to shape the rolls I've made 6 batches, start to finish in under two hours. Prep time doesn't include rising time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grease baguette pans for two loaves or cookie sheet if making rolls.
- 2Combine 1/2 cup cup water,1 1/2 Tbls yeast,1 teaspoon sugar;in food processor bowl, let sit 5 minutes to proof.
- 3Add 3 1/4 cups flour, 1 1/2 tsp salt, 1 teaspoon sugar, process for 30 secs.
- 4Slowly add 1 cup of water with the processor running, once dough comes together process mix for 1 minute.
- 5Check dough, it will be slightly moist and sticky, add extra flour if needed and process for 30 seconds.
- 6For loaves, divide dough in half and shape into 2- 11"-12" loaves( I usually hold it and squeeze gently starting in the middle and working towards the ends, letting it hang from my hands). Place on pan, and cut or snip 4 diagonal slashes into top of the loaf.
- 7For rolls pinch off dough and form 24 balls place on cookie sheet. Snip a small slash into the top of each roll.
- 8Set loaves or rolls in a warm spot to rise, rise for 40 - 60 minurtes for loaves, 30- 40 minutes for rolls, depending how warm your room is.
- 9As soon as you set you bread to rise, Preheat oven to 450 degrees, after 20 minutes place a shallow pan of warm water on the lower rack of you oven.
- 10Bake for 10 minutes, lower temperature to 400 degrees bake 15 minutes more, check rolls at 10 minutes.
- 11With the oven I have now, I have to remove the loaves from the pan turn them over and bake for 5 minutes more to get the bottom crusty, you may have to also.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Food Processor French Bread
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 140.2
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 293.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 4.3 g