Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
It's a no stress recipe, quick, yummy and perfect for tea times. I usually make this when I'm short on time or too lazy to make anything elaborate.
- 236.59 ml self-rising flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 118.29 ml olive oil
- 59.14 ml brown sugar
- 118.29 ml chocolate chips
- 4.92 ml vanilla essence
- 0.13 ml yellow food coloring
- 2 limes, juice and zest of
- 0.25 ml salt
- *Prep Work: Preheat oven at 180C
- In a medium bowl, mix flour. Chocolate chips and baking powder using a fork. (Dry Ingredients).
- Using a lemon zestor, create lime rinds from the 2limes and take out the juice. (If you don’t have a zestor, you may use vegetable peeler or completely omit this step).
- In a food processor, add sugar, oil, vanilla essence and pulse for 30secs.
- Add eggs and pulse for a min (making sure the eggs are nicely mixed).
- Add lime zest, juice, yellow food color and pulse for 30secs.
- Now add “dry ingredients” to this and give it a quick pulse (2-3pulse) making sure not to chop the chocolate chips.
- Pour the mixture in the loaf pan, sprinkle some chocolate chip on top and bake for 30min at 180°C.
- After 30min, insert toothpick/thin knife and if it comes clean, plan the loaf pan on a cooling rack.
- Serve with tea/coffee or eat it as is.