1 hr 15 mins
This recipe is delicious, I made it for my very critical parents, who never like anything I make, just because they don't like anything new... but even they loved it!!!! it's the best spaghetti & meatballs I've ever had!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup bulgur
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 4 ounces lean ground beef
- 4 ounces Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, very finely chopped
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 3 garlic cloves, very finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
spaghetti sauce and spaghetti noodles
- 1To prepare meatballs: Combine bulgur and water in a small bowl. Let stand until the bulgur is tender and the liquid is absorbed, about 30 minutes.
- 2Preheat oven to 350°F Coat a rack with cooking spray and place it over a baking sheet lined with foil.
- 3Combine ground beef, sausage, onion, egg whites, garlic, oregano, salt, pepper, breadcrumbs and the soaked bulgur in a large bowl; mix well. Form the mixture into 1-inch meatballs (about 24). Place the meatballs on the rack and bake for 25 minutes. Blot well with paper towel.
- 4To prepare sauce & spaghetti: Put a large pot of lightly salted water on to boil. Bring sauce to a simmer in a pan. Add the sauce to meatballs and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes. Stir in basil (or parsley).
- 5Meanwhile, cook spaghetti (or linguine) until just tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and transfer to a serving bowl. Top with the sauce and meatballs and serve with grated cheese.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Food Network's Old-Fashioned Spaghetti & Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (270 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 583.8
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 30.4 mg
- Sodium 1388.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 17.3 g
- Protein 26.3 g