Recipe by rebecca684
This is a great thai soup I found in Foodnetwork Magazine. It is so tasty and really easy to make. Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons green curry paste
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce, plus more to taste
- 2 red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces thin rice noodles, broken into pieces
- 2 small boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, plus more to taste
- 1 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and lightly browned, about 8 minutes. Add the garlic and curry paste and cook, stirring, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the chicken broth, coconut milk and fish sauce; cover and bring to a boil.
- Add the bell peppers and noodles and simmer, uncovered, until the noodles are al dente, about 3 minutes. Add the chicken and simmer until just cooked through, about 3 more minutes. Stir in the lime juice and cilantro. Add more fish sauce and lime juice, if desired.