These little cakes are to die for! I first made them for my husbands' boss' Christmas Party. Makes 12 so it is a great desert for a crowd. I have been asked almost weekly to make this for my family = no special occasion needed! I have found that the batter is much better when it is allowed to chill overnight is a sealed container. Garnish with raspberry sauce and fresh raspberries or white chocolate ganache or satin chocolate mint sauce, the possibilities are endless.
- Melt the chocolate and butter together.
- Cool slightly.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the yolks and eggs then mix in the powdered sugar.
- Whisk this into the chocolate mixture then whisk in the flour.
- Fill 12 greased 4-ounce ramekins with the batter and refrigerate overnight or until ready to bake or bake immediately.
- Bake in a preheated 450°F oven for approximately 10 minutes.
- Serve in the ramekin or I invert on a plate and garnish.
- Cooking time varies depending on everything - just watch the cakes -- cook them until they don't "jiggle" much anymore and the top is cracked and lifted slightly. It takes a bit of practice to get it just right. Also good cooked completely.you decide how much yummy-gooey chocolate you want.