Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is an adaptation of Tyler Florence's "Pan-Roasted Halibut with Prosciutto, Lemon, White Wine & Capers". Wonderfully delicious! Addicting!
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- salt and pepper
- 12 ounces halibut fillets
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 slices bacon, cut into pieces
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Put flour in pie plate and season with salt and pepper.
- Dredge fish in flour.
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat until hot and add 1 T. evoo and 1 T. butter. Add fillets, skin up, and cook until brown on bottom (2-3 min). Add bacon to pan while halibut is cooking and stir to brown.
- When bottom is brown, flip fish and put pan in oven until fish is cooked through. About 10 min - more depending on thickness of fillet.
- Remove fish to serving plate. Put bacon on paper towels and pat dry. Put skillet back on med-high heat. Add the remaining butter, oil, lemon juice, white wine, capers and parsley and bring to a boil. Boil until reduced and thickened. Season with salt and pepper. Pour over fish, top with bacon, garnish with more parsley (if desired) and serve.