- 3 1⁄4 cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 3 tablespoons powdered milk
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 cup water
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the dry ingredients.
- Cut in the shortening until small balls form.
- Stir in 1/2 c water and mix well with hands. Add the rest of the water and knead well.
- Let dough rest 30 minute.
- Pour 2" of oil into frying pan and preheat to 350°F.
- Divide into 4 balls and flatten each into 6" circles.
- Fry until golden brown.