Prep 1 hr 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this recipe out of the Food Network magazine. Its very versatile. Feel free to change the veggies to satisfy your needs. Yummy! Prep time includes 1hr. of marinating time.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons rice wine or 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 3 scallions, cut diagonally in 1 inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 lb asparagus, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup shiitake mushroom, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups edamame, shelled
- 1 cup snap peas
- Whisk together the egg white, 1 Tbs. cornstarch and 1 Tbs. rice wine or sherry. Cube the chicken, season with salt and pepper and marinate in this mixture for 1 hour.
- Make the sauce by mixing 1 Tbs. cornstarch, 1 Tbs. hoisin, 1 Tbs. soy sauce, 1 Tbs. rice wine or sherry and 1/2 cup chicken broth. Mix until well combined.
- Drain excess marinade from the chicken. Heat 1/2 Tbs. oil in a wok or deep skillet on Med-hi heat. Cook the chicken until opaque. About 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the wok and dump out any excess oil.
- Put 1 Tbs. water in the hot wok and add the garlic, ginger and scallion. Cook for 30 seconds and add the vegetables.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes stirring occasionally. Add the sauce to the wok and then add the chicken. Stir to combine.
- Cook until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thickened, 3-4mins more.
- Serve over rice.