1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 20 mins
Chef Emstar's Note:
I got this recipe out of the Food Network magazine. Its very versatile. Feel free to change the veggies to satisfy your needs. Yummy! Prep time includes 1hr. of marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons rice wine or 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 scallions, cut diagonally in 1 inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 lb asparagus, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup shiitake mushroom, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups edamame, shelled
- 1 cup snap peas
- 1Whisk together the egg white, 1 Tbs. cornstarch and 1 Tbs. rice wine or sherry. Cube the chicken, season with salt and pepper and marinate in this mixture for 1 hour.
- 2Make the sauce by mixing 1 Tbs. cornstarch, 1 Tbs. hoisin, 1 Tbs. soy sauce, 1 Tbs. rice wine or sherry and 1/2 cup chicken broth. Mix until well combined.
- 3Drain excess marinade from the chicken. Heat 1/2 Tbs. oil in a wok or deep skillet on Med-hi heat. Cook the chicken until opaque. About 2-3 minutes.
- 4Remove the chicken from the wok and dump out any excess oil.
- 5Put 1 Tbs. water in the hot wok and add the garlic, ginger and scallion. Cook for 30 seconds and add the vegetables.
- 6Cook for 3-4 minutes stirring occasionally. Add the sauce to the wok and then add the chicken. Stir to combine.
- 7Cook until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thickened, 3-4mins more.
- 8Serve over rice.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Food Network Chicken Stir Fry
Serving Size: 1 (426 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 377.2
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 65.9 mg
- Sodium 534.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 44.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: