Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
Something to serve during the holidays...
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons molasses
- 3 tablespoons brandy
- 1 1⁄2 cups dates, chopped
- 1 1⁄2-3 cups walnuts, chopped
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- 2. Sift flour and baking powder 3 times. Set aside.
- 3. Combine molasses, honey and brandy.
- 4. Beat eggs and sugar at high speed until light and thick.
- 5. At medium speed, add butter.
- 6. At low speed, alternately add the brandy mixture and flour mixture.
- 7. Fold in walnuts and dates.
- 8. Bake in an aluminum foil lined pan at 350° for 15 minutes. Lower heat to 300° and bake for another 35 minutes or until done.
- Note: The times for baking are times in the original recipe. I bake it for less time, resulting in a moister cake.
To heck with the holidays ~ These wonderful tasties would be great anytime! I used the very moist Medjool dates, & along with the walnuts, I had a great addition to our mobile home's cookie give-away tomorrow! I'll be making these again, for sure, & am even looking forward to them during NEXT winter's holidays! [Made & reviewed in New Kids on the Block tag]