Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Pan-roasted garlic with pasta, food of the gods.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 20 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons lemon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups white wine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 12 ounces vermicelli, cooked al dente (thin spaghetti)
- In large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter with oil over medium heat. Add whole garlic cloves and sauté 10 minutes, or until lightly browned, turning down heat if necessary.
- Add onions, carrots, seasonings and 2 more tablespoons butter and sauté until lightly browned and caramelized.
- Increase heat and deglaze pan with white wine. Turn heat to low, cover and cook 15 minutes, or until garlic is tender. Add a splash more wine if mixture gets too dry.
- Add basil and remaining butter, stirring until butter has melted.
- Add cooked pasta and toss until well coated and heated through. Salt if desired.