Recipe by Dotty2
This is a wonderful salad that was brought to our family dinner. Prepare salad ahead of time but toss at the last moment. The recipe comes from Company's coming cookbook.
Top Review by Gerry
I have a number of gatherings to prepare for in the next while and am wanting some new recipes. I couldn't resist trying this salad and so glad I did ... we loved it and know it will be one family and friends will as well! I can't wait to be serving this one! No changes needed, perfect as is. Thank you Dotty, it's another Dotty2 winner!
- 1 large head romaine lettuce (I sometimes use loose leaf)
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled and cooled
- fresh bean sprout (about a generous handful)
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 cup salad oil
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 2⁄3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Dressing;Mix all ingredients together. store in a covered bowl overnight if time permits.
- Salad; tear lettuce into bite size pieces.
- Sprinkle bacon over lettuce then bean sprouts followed by chopped eggs. Can be prepared to this point, then refrigerated until the last minute. pour all the dressing over top. toss together and serve at once.
- Note: head lettuce can be used, add a portion of romaine lettuce for looks.
- Does not include refrigeration time.