Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
Cayenne pepper adds a little heat to rich, creamy soup loaded with vegetables and crab. From Charlene Chambers at Taste of Home.
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup roasted sweet red pepper, drained and chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 ounces Fontina cheese, cut in 1/4 inch cubes
- 1⁄2 cup canned crabmeat
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Pat corn dry; transfer to greased 15 inch X 10 inch baking pan.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring once.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, sauté onion, red pepper, and celery in oil until tender.
- Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in broth, thyme, cayenne, and corn.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Combine flour and cream until smooth, gradually stir into broth mixture; add cheese.
- Bring to gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and cheese is melted. Top servings with crab and serve.