Shaped By Hand's Note:
This recipe came about because of my love for cheese. I am always searching out a new cheese and what it is best paired with. Fontina cheese can be nutty and fruity but it depends on where it is made.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 medium sized chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup medium sliced Fontina cheese
- 1/4 cup roasted julienne cut sun-dried tomato
- 10 leaves Baby Spinach
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, separated
- 1Rinse the chicken breast and pat dry with a paper towel.
- 2Cut a slit along one side of the chicken breast with a sharp non-serrated knife being careful not to cut all the way through. Keep the cut as center as possible. Set chicken in the refrigerator.
- 3Heat 1 tablespoons olive oil in a deep skillet over medium heat and saute the sun dried tomatoes for 2 minutes. Then add the spinach and saute for 1 minute stirring continuously so the spinach doesn't burn. Remove onto plate and let cool.
- 4Using your fingers stuff the chicken with the Fontina cheese then the sun dried tomato and spinach saute.
- 5Heat 1 tablespoons olive oil in the same deep skillet over medium heat.
- 6Coat both sides of the chicken breasts with the herb blend and set breasts in skillet. Cover.
- 7Cook on each side for 8-12 minutes, covering throughout. Adjust time according to thickens of chicken and type of cooking range.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fontina, Sun-Dried Tomato and Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast
Serving Size: 1 (250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 518.7
- Calories from Fat 328
- Total Fat 36.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 126.3 mg
- Sodium 1689.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 40.7 g