Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Magazine
- 946.36 ml low sodium chicken broth
- 73.94 ml unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 591.47 ml arborio rice
- 3 sprig fresh thyme
- 236.59 ml dry white wine
- kosher salt
- 236.59 ml finely grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- fresh ground pepper
- 236.59 ml coarsely grated Fontina cheese, plus more for garnish
- 226.79 g deli-smoked chicken breasts, diced (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 59.14 ml roughly chopped fresh parsley
- Bring the broth and 4 cups water to simmer in a saucepan; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, melt 4 tablespoons butter in a pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion; cook until translucent, about 4 minutes. Add the rice and thyme; cook, stirring until the rice is glossy, about 1 minute. Add the wine and cook, stirring, until the liquid is absorbed. Add 1 teaspoon Kosher salt. Ladel in the hot broth, about 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly, allowing all of the liquid to be absorbed before adding more. Continue until the rice is just tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove the thyme. Stir in the parmigiano, the remaining 1 tablespoon butter, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and pepper to taste. Gently stir in the fontina and chicken. Reserve about 2 cups risotto for Risotto Cakes. Divid the rest among bowls; top with parsley and more fontina.