I love Fontina cheese. I don't remember where I got this from, but I tweaked the original recipe to suit my taste buds.
- Cook pasta until just done. Don't overcook. Drain and place in large bowl.
- Over medium heat in medium sized pot melt the butter.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and saute until just browned.
- Stir in the flour and cook for approx 3 minutes or until the bitter taste of the flour is gone. Do not brown.
- Add the hot milk and cook until just thickened.
- Add the seasonings to your taste.
- Combine the sauce with 2 cups of the cheese until melted. Add to pasta in bowl and mix.
- Spray a large casserole dish with non stick coating and pour in the pasta mixture. Sprinkle on the remaining cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 25 minutes or until bubbling.