1/1 Photo of Fontina Pasta
Lori Mama's Note:
I love Fontina cheese. I don't remember where I got this from, but I tweaked the original recipe to suit my taste buds.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook pasta until just done. Don't overcook. Drain and place in large bowl.
- 2Over medium heat in medium sized pot melt the butter.
- 3Add the sliced mushrooms and saute until just browned.
- 4Stir in the flour and cook for approx 3 minutes or until the bitter taste of the flour is gone. Do not brown.
- 5Add the hot milk and cook until just thickened.
- 6Add the seasonings to your taste.
- 7Combine the sauce with 2 cups of the cheese until melted. Add to pasta in bowl and mix.
- 8Spray a large casserole dish with non stick coating and pour in the pasta mixture. Sprinkle on the remaining cheese.
- 9Cover and bake at 350°F for 25 minutes or until bubbling.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fontina Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (436 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 920.6
- Calories from Fat 406
- Total Fat 45.1 g
- Saturated Fat 27.3 g
- Cholesterol 150.0 mg
- Sodium 827.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 87.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 41.5 g