1/3 Photos of Fontina Frittata With Italian Sausage
Frittatas are the ultimate convenience food. Served hot or cold, they're good for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. You can also interchange or add many other ingredients.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- 2Saute sausage in oil in a 10"nonstick ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat until nearly cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- 3Add onion and cook 2 more minutes, or until onion is softened.
- 4Stir in spinach, tomatoes, salt and pepper. Cook 1-2 minutes.
- 5Remove and set aside.
- 6Wipe out skillet and coat generously with nonstick spray.
- 7Combine eggs, cream, and salt in a blender until frothy.
- 8Pour egg mixture into the hot saute pan and cook over medium heat just until curds form, stirring constantly.
- 9Stir in sausage mixture and cheese, transfer pan to oven, and bake 15-20 minutes, or until set in the center.
- 10To unmold frittata, place a large plate, serving side down, over the pan and carefully flip the pan and plate over simultaneously to release. Place another plate on the frittata, invert again, and slice into wedges.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fontina Frittata With Italian Sausage
Serving Size: 1 (234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 341.5
- Calories from Fat 227
- Total Fat 25.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 369.4 mg
- Sodium 928.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 20.5 g