Recipe by saxonct
As someone who is not a huge fan of burgers, especially thick burgers, I was shocked how much I loved these. They are more work than your basic burger but so worth it!
- 1⁄4 cup fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup drained sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil with herbs, minced (reserve oil)
- 1 beaten egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄4 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup shredded Fontina cheese
- 4 large hamburger buns, toasted
- tomatoes, onion, avocado, etc
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine bread crumbs, tomatoes, 2 tablespoons of reserved oil, egg, salt and pepper. Add ground beef and gently mix with a fork just until ingredients are evenly blended.
- Divide meat into eight equal portions. Shape each portion into a 4-in. patty. In the center of four patties, make a shallow depression about 2-in. wide, place 1/4 of fontina cheese in depression. Top filled patties with remaining patties and press edges together to seal well. Cover airtight and chill for at least 20 minute or up to 24 hours.
- Cook 6-7 minutes on each side, turning only once. These can be barbecued or pan fried, just be sure to lightly grease whatever cooking surface you use.