Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Simple and Delicious.
Make and share this Fontina Chicken and Pasta Bake - OAMC Directions, Too recipe from Food.com.
- 453.59 g package spiral shaped pasta
- 19.71 ml olive oil, divided
- 907.18 g chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 226.79 g sliced mushrooms
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 (914.27 g) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 354.88 ml chicken broth
- 354.88 ml Fontina cheese, shredded and divided
- 6.16 ml dried oregano
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 340.19 g fresh Baby Spinach
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350. Cook pasta 2 min less than package directions, or follow "al dente" directions.
- Heat 3 tsp olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add chicken in batches and cook until no longer pink. Remove from pan. In same pan, cook mushrooms 3 - 5 min or until tender.
- Add garlic, and cook 1 min longer. Add soup, chicken broth, 1 cup of the cheese, oregano and pepper. Add spinach and tomatoes. Return chicken to pan.
- Drain pasta, add to soup mixture.
- Directions say divide between two 8 in square baking dishes, but I plan on using a 13 x 9 in pan. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake covered for 15 - 20 minute
- Freezing Directions:Cool unbaked casseroles and freeze. To cook, thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake covered at 350 for 1 1/4 hours or until 165 degrees in the center.