Recipe by Punky Julster
Use bottled poppy seed dressing to put this together in a flash. This can be made the day before serving also.
- 1 1⁄2 cups large bow tie pasta (about 6 ounces)
- 2 cups cantaloupes or 2 cups honeydew melon, chunked
- 1 cup fontina or 1 cup swiss cheese, cubed
- 1⁄3 cup bottled nonfat poppy seed salad dressing
- 1 -2 tablespoon snipped of fresh mint
- 2 cups watercress, stems removed
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain again.
- In a large bowl toss together pasta, cantaloupe, and cheese.
- Combine salad dressing and mint; pour over pasta mixture, tossing gently to coat.
- Serve immediately or cover and chill up to 24 hours.
- To serve, stir watercress into pasta mixture.
- If desired, serve salad in melon shells.