Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this recipe in The Age newspaper's Epicure section. Looks YUM!
Make and share this Fontina and Parmesan-Stuffed Mushrooms With Marsala and Oregano recipe from Food.com.
- 8 large flat mushrooms, peeled
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 red capsicum, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup marsala
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and black pepper
- 1 1⁄4 cups breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons oregano leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2⁄3 cup grated Fontina cheese
- Preheat oven to 225°C.
- Remove stems from mushrooms and chop, then brush mushroom caps with olive oil and place on a lightly greased oven tray.
- Melt butter in a small frying pan over medium heat and add capsicum and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add mushroom stems, marsala, lemon juice, salt and pepper and breadcrumbs and stir well.
- Remove from heat and stir in oregano, parmesan and fontina.
- Spoon into mushroom caps and roast for about 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned and cooked.
- Serve with a crispy salad.